Professor Megan Quigley on University Updates Code of Conduct to Include A. I.

A recent article in The Villanovan discusses new additions to Villanova's Code of Conduct. It features Professor Megan Quigley saying:

“I don’t believe in just banishing it,” Quigley said. “Well, for certain assignments I do. I already have assignments in my classes where the students give a paper prompt to ChatGPT and then we analyze what it produces for its strengths and weaknesses.”

Later in the article, she comments: 

“I would say that, for me, writing and thinking go hand in hand,” Quigley said. “Analyzing and synthesizing information, finding out what a strong versus weak claim is, whether you need those skills for law or teaching or writing or journalism, I think you are still going to need to have them.”

Check out the full article here


Comments