Faculty, Alumni, Grad Students Present on T.S. Eliot

Visitors to the forty-third annual T.S. Eliot Society meeting, held recently in St. Louis and marking the centenary of The Waste Land, had an opportunity to see four 'generations' of Villanovans presenting: former Villanova professor Vincent Sherry, Professor Megan Quigley, MA alum Ann-Marie Jakubowski '17, and current MA student Ethan Shea '23.

Ethan Shea presented on "Eliot Goes to the Cinema: Film, Mechanical Reproduction,
and the City in The Waste Land." He told the YAWP that "Attending the T.S. Eliot Society Meeting was an incredibly rewarding experience, and I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to learn from so many scholars on such a wide array of topics concerning Eliot. I also received a lot of helpful feedback on my presentation that I hope to apply to my research in the future. Hopefully, I'll be back again next year."

Ethan Shea presenting

 

Ethan Shea, Megan Quigley, Ann-Marie Jakubowski

 

Megan Quigley, Vincent Sherry, Ethan Shea, Ann-Marie Jakubowski


Comments